NEWS LEAKS AGENCY - NIGERIA NEWS TODAY & Breaking News | Naija News Today

Gov. Otti Responses To Ikpeazu’s Accusation Of Blackmail Over ENASCO

.... Reveals ENASCO's Sharing Formula

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The political landscape in Abia State has been rocked by fresh allegations and counter-allegations, as former Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s camp accuses Governor Alex Otti of employing falsehood and blackmail tactics. In a scathing statement released by Ikpeazu’s spokesperson, Onyebuchi Ememanka, Otti is accused of neglecting key projects initiated during Ikpeazu’s tenure, particularly the Enyimba Automated Shoe Company (ENASCO).

 

Ememanka’s statement, titled “Raw and Undisguised Mischief as a Tool of Governance by Governor Otti,” lambasts Otti for allegedly abandoning ENASCO and obstructing its operations. Furthermore, Ememanka alleges that Otti’s administration has deliberately marginalized projects associated with Ikpeazu, portraying Otti as hostile towards his predecessor.

 

However, Otti’s camp swiftly responded, dismissing the accusations as baseless and manipulative. Ferdinand Ekeoma, Otti’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, refuted Ememanka’s claims, asserting that Otti’s government has prioritized the development of Abia State and pursued justice for its citizens.

 

Ekeoma highlighted discrepancies in Ememanka’s assertions, challenging the credibility of Ikpeazu’s camp and urging them to provide evidence to support their claims. He emphasized Otti’s commitment to rebuilding Abia State and criticized Ikpeazu’s team for resorting to smear tactics.

Ekeoma further revealed that the said ENASCO does not belong to Abia State Government alone as Ememanka is trying to portray, but that the government owns only 27% with the remaining 73% shared amongst government officials within the Ikpeazu administration and 2 other external individuals.

 

The Otti’s led administration has promised to do further investigation into the project maybe to unravel the true owners, profits made by the company over the years and other administrative matters.

 

The exchange underscores growing tensions between the two political factions and sets the stage for a contentious political showdown in Abia State.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.