Sir Ude Oko Chukwu: Portrait of Sublime Achievements and Uncommon Comportment
The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace.
The brightest thunderbolt is the one elicited from the darkest storm.
The gem cannot be polished without friction.
Except one enters the beehive, one can’t take the honey.
A great ship always seeks for deep waters.
In the words of Peter Marshall, “The measure of life is not in duration, but in it’s donation. Everyone can be great because everyone can serve”.
By this simple statement it means service is the key that unlocks the door to greatness.
“Greatness consists not in holding some high offices; Greatness really consists in doing some great deed with little means; in accomplishment of vast purposes from the private ranks of life”. – Declares Russell H. Conwell.
The true purpose of a leader is to help others get from where they are to where they haven’t yet been
1. These self-evident truths, more than anything else, symbolize and signify the portrait and the iconic personality of Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, Deputy Governor of Abia State; and erstwhile Rt. Honourable Speaker of the 5th (V) Abia State House of Assembly.
2. The meteoric heights achieved thus far; glittering stature and dazzling stellar performances in different spheres of endeavours as indelible legacies and milestones; reflect concrete testaments and testimonials of the life of a man imbued with great mission; propelled by the crusading passion and zeal for steadfastness typical of the apostles of the old.
3. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu enlisted in partisan politics in 2001, with eye singularly focused on effective delivery of credible services to Abia State corporate entity and humanity in general.
4. In 2003, he won elections to represent Ohafia North State Constituency, in the Abia State House of Assembly, as the starting point of an impressive political odyssey and trajectory.
5. In 2007, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu was rewarded with retaining same representative position and status in the hallowed Chambers of Abia State House of Assembly; remarkably reflected in overwhelming support declared vide re-election and explicit confirmation, declaration of renewal of explicit vote-of-confidence by the electorates and stakeholders of the Ohafia North State Constituency.
6. Between 2003 and 2011, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, demonstrated and capably exercised wide ranging leadership roles to superintend over many critical aspects of Abia State affairs in the custody of the Abia State House of Assembly, as provided in the Constitution.
7. Namely: House Committee on Intergovernmental Affairs; House Committee on Anti-corruption; and House Committee on Environment.
8. Additional templates of duties and responsibilities included the following schedules: Membership of House Standing Committee on Boundary and Security Matters; Appropriation Committee; Education Committee; Agriculture Committee; and chairperson of House Ad-hoc Committees on different strategic subject areas.
9. Stretching 12 years (2003-2015) of unbroken dutiful calendar years, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, accordingly ably represented his constituents of Ohafia North State Constituency in the Abia House of Assembly, and was eminently distinguished as a prominent and outstanding Legislative/Law Maker.
10. Remarkably, for 4 years (2011-2015) of highly and exceptionally scintillating, knowledge-enriching and rewarding years of diligent services; Sir Ude Oko Chukwu equally served meritoriously in the highly exalted but sensitive position of the Speaker/Leader of the Abia State House of Assembly.
11. In this context, the affairs of the Abia State House of Assembly was effectively directed, managed, and piloted.
12. In the same token, the general affairs of Abia State was never neglected under his stewardship, as the Speaker of the State House of Assembly.
13. Amongst the remarkable and various achievements of this era of the Speakership was the deeply entrenched sense of stability that characterized and prevailed over the effective and efficient functioning of the internal affairs or concerns in the Chambers of Abia State Legislature.
14. Primarily, 2011-2015, to the credits of Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, represented seamless friendly dispositions; harmonious, collaborative and cooperative working relationships that mainstreamed the State House of Assembly, in terms of interfacing with the other arms/organs of democracy.
15. The critical hallmarks of mutually-beneficial, cordial atmospheres that engendered and marked the smooth exchanges/interface between the House of Assembly on the one hand, and the Executive branch on the other hand, remains unsurpassed.
16. Characteristically, it was the same friendly, cordial atmospheres that supervened with the PDP Abia State chapter party leaders, other hierarchies; and other strategic stakeholders.
17. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu’s tenureship as the Speaker of the Abia State House of Assembly, brought nationwide acclaims, honour, prestige, and respect to Abia State, generally regarded at the time as the most peaceful, united, purposeful, service-oriented House of Assembly in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
18. Little wonder, in 2015, PDP nominated Sir Ude Oko Chukwu as the party’s Deputy Governorship flag bearer and candidate for 2015 general elections.
19. The successful outcome and victory in the 2015 general elections as expected marked another glorious milestone in the political career of this eminent personality; especially in the ascendance to the strategic position of Deputy Governor of Abia State.
20. In 2019 general elections, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, retained his position by virtue of renomination and re-election at the polls, made manifest in the victory of PDP in the polls.
21. As Deputy Governor, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, has displayed remarkable spirit of team work and great team player, through resilience and total devotion to the office, duties, responsibilities; loyalty, unflinching commitments and great dedication to the cause of Abia State in many ramifications.
22. Noteworthy of recognition include the following specific and outstanding strategic example, amongst numerous similar contributions:
23. The buoyant, robust profile and status of Abia State internally generated revenues (IGR), bespeaks boldly and laudably of Sir Ude Oko Chukwu’s professional initiatives, articulate expertise in fiscal matters, extensive wealth of knowledge, and tangible contributions in this critical aspect of Abia State economy.
24. The impressive exploits in diverse spheres in education pursuits; professional career developments and advancements; community and societal services; responsible social engagements and life style; christian cum religious affinities; and active political participations and contributions, symbolically attest to the fact Sir Ude Oko Chukwu typical of great achievers embraced greatness by dint of hardworking dispositions.
25. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu, Deputy Governor of Abia State, unarguably represents the model portrait of a great, dependable team player in the game of politics.